OVERVIEW Inspirica is one of the largest organizations serving the homeless in Connecticut. We provide emergency shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing and affordable housing to 600 adults and children in lower Fairfield County each year. We further provide critical support services such as children services, education, counseling, employment support and access to a vast of array of other services such as health care, substance abuse treatment, mental health care etc. In addition to being homeless, the people we serve typically suffer from mental illness, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS. Many also have severe cognitive impairments, a history of incarceration, little or no work history, and little education. All of our participants live at or below the poverty level.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives.
Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
- Working closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Associate, he/she will be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Administrative record keeping in connection with capital projects.
- Inventory management.
- Other accounting and finance duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accounting degree preferred).
- Experience in Blackbaud (Financial Edge) helpful.
- Experience in Blackbaud (Raisers Edge) helpful.
- Understanding of non-profit accounting principles and best practices.
- Highly organized, strict attention to detail, and exemplary work standards.
- Ability to prioritize and work with multiple deadlines without supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, take direction, work in a team, and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements by e-mail with “Accounting Analyst” in the re: line to:
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.