CASE MANAGER - ATLANTIC PARK AND 24&26 WOODLAND PLACE
WEEKDAYS: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Inspirica is one of the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut. Each night we house approximately 350 people (850 per year, including 250 children) in 11 facilities. We are one of only a handful of organizations in the nation that is able to address the physical aspect of homelessness (residential services) and its underlying causes (support services) on a single, comprehensive, end-to-end platform -- a powerful, integrated “one-stop-shop.” Our residential services cover the spectrum of housing: emergency shelters, transitional housing, deeply affordable housing, permanent supportive housing; and, rapid rehousing. Our support services are similarly comprehensive and include: vocational training (home health aide certification); workforce education; job placement; housing placement; job & housing retention support; early childhood & parenting services; children's services (including an after-school program); health care, counseling, case management, and much more. We further provide direct access to mental health care, psychiatric care, dental care, substance abuse treatment, etc. through a network of strategic partnerships.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives. Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
PERMANENT SUPPORTIVE HOUSING: Atlantic park AND 24&26 WOODLAND pLACE OVERVIEW
The Case Manager will serve the residents at the Permanent Supportive Housing locations listed below. Permanent Supportive Housing is a successful, cost-effective combination of affordable housing with services that helps people live more stable, productive lives.
Atlantic Park Apartments, located at 660 Atlantic Street in the South End of Stamford, is designed to provide permanent, affordable housing for low-income single persons. Each of the 27 efficiency apartments includes bedroom, living room and kitchen furniture. For those individuals who qualify, rent subsidies are available, (i.e., Shelter plus Care and Section 8).
24 & 26 Woodland Place, located in the South end Campus of Inspirica consist of 6 two- bedroom apartments in one building and one two-bedroom and two three-bedroom units in another building. These units are for families and are considered as deeply affordable units.
The Case Manager reports to the Director of Permanent Housing. The Case Manager is responsible for maintaining his/her own case load and supporting the Director in managing all aspects of the Supportive Housing Program. This includes setting the tone for the program, enforcing program rules and policies, monitoring participant progress, ensuring the physical property is maintained in safe and clean condition, and serving as back up for the Director as needed. The case manager will provide the tenants with primary services including but not limited to: basic counseling, assistance in securing benefits, money management, help securing transportation and legal assistance, linkages to health and behavioral health services, and employment and education supports.
Specific Job Duties
- The Case Manager will generally work from 9:00am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday but may be required to deviate from those hours in order to:
- Address emergencies (client crises, physical damage etc.) in the Program that cannot be handled remotely.
- Respond to serious weather incidents. The Case Manager must report to work even in bad weather, and may be asked to stay overnight to provide coverage.
2. The Case Manager will be responsible for all case management responsibilities for the tenants of these buildings. This includes conducting client intakes, preparing case plans and updating them semi-annually, meeting with tenants as needed and preparing progress notes, and other reports as required. The case manager will be responsible for:
- Assisting clients in identifying goals and developing a service plan with client input
- Collecting, organizing, and interpreting relevant client information on an ongoing basis
- Regularly and effectively following up with clients to ensure progress on service plans is being made
- Coordinating services with other Inspirica programs, including the education and employment programs
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of, and relationships with, other service providers in the community and identifying and referring clients to appropriate resources to enhance their self-sufficiency and well-being
- Monitoring if and when clients are having difficulty with everyday living skills such as cooking, bathing, etc. and working with family members or other agencies to link clients to services or help transition clients to other housing when they can no longer safely live independently
- Negotiating, mediating, and advocating for his/her clients to ensure they maintain their housing, and receive the services they need
- Coordinating and facilitating house meetings and onsite and off-site recreation and activities
3. The Case Manager must be familiar with all external program requirements including those established by law, regulation or our contracts with funding agencies.
Candidates should have: a MSW or a Masters degree in a health or human services related field, and at least three years of experience working in social services (ideally persons with Mental Health Diagnoses), excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Candidates must be creative, energetic and comfortable working with a wide variety of people. Strong oral and written communication skills are required. Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are a must. Candidates must be able to work well both independently and as a member of a team and be capable of meeting specific goals and deadlines.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 required. Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record and must be able to come to work even in bad weather. Fluency in Spanish, or Haitian Creole is a plus.
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample by e-mail to:
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.