DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
AND OFFICE MANAGEMENT
Inspirica is one of the largest organizations serving the homeless in Connecticut. We provide emergency shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing and affordable housing to approximately 800 adults and children in lower Fairfield County each year. We further provide critical support services such as children’s services, vocational training, workforce education, job placement, job/housing retention services, and counseling as well as access to health care, substance abuse treatment, mental health care, etc. In addition to being homeless, the people we serve typically suffer from mental illness, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS. Many also have severe cognitive impairments, a history of incarceration, little or no work history, and little education. All of our participants live at or below the poverty level.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives.
Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
We are looking for a Director of Human Resources and Office Management (“Director”). The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources, be highly organized and motivated. The Director will facilitate daily human resources functions like keeping track of employee records, supporting the hiring process, coordinating company benefits, and managing employee training and development. In addition, the Director will be responsible for certain office management activities, including vendor management, purchasing, and tenant relationships. The Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Manage the ADP WorkForce Now system, including new hires, terminations, and changes in employee data and benefits
- Perform time and attendance functions with ADP TimeClocks: register new employees, confirm PTO accruals, ensure ACA compliance, etc.
- Take the lead on benefits issues, including open enrollment, FMLA, workers compensation, and unemployment claims
- Orchestrate and administer the hiring process, including job posting, applicant screening, new hire documentation, and onboarding new employees
- Facilitate the termination process
- Manage employee training and development (online and in-person)
- Champion the performance evaluation process
- Organize leadership team meetings and other onsite and offsite staff meetings
- Assist with managing tenant relationships (quarterly tenant meeting, building issues, visitor compliance)
- Technology and telecommunication management (Network support, telecom, cell phones)
- Other office vendor management (copiers, printers, postage machine, etc)
- General office procurement
- Support other initiatives of the Chief Operating Officer
- BA degree
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resource/administrative position
- Knowledge of Human Resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (Outlook, Word, basic Excel)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter,
and writing sample, in WORD FORMAT,
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.