Inspirica is one of the largest organizations serving the homeless in Connecticut. We provide emergency shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing and affordable housing to approximately 800 adults and children in lower Fairfield County each year. We further provide critical support services such as children’s services, vocational training, workforce education, job placement, job/housing retention services, and counseling as well as access to health care, substance abuse treatment, mental health care etc. In addition to being homeless, the people we serve typically suffer from mental illness, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS. Many also have severe cognitive impairments, a history of incarceration, little or no work history, and little education. All of our participants live at or below the poverty level.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives.
Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
The Grants Manager reports to the Chief Development Officer. Working closely with the Chief Development Officer, the Grants Manager will manage all aspects of the application and reporting process for corporate, foundation and City, State and Federal government grants.
This will include:
- Performing research to evaluate prospects for grants and investigating new sources of government funding.
- Cultivating relationships with public, private and corporate foundations.
- Maintaining the grants calendar and donor information within the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Developing and writing grant proposals, concept notes, letters of inquiry and reports.
- Interviewing relevant stakeholders and coordinating with key program staff to develop effective proposals in support of both specific and general organizational priorities.
- Ensuring that all proposals/reports reflect the objectives of the grantor, advance the goals of Inspirica and the grantor, include metrics that demonstrate meaningful impact, and adequately meet the funding needs of specific programs being supported by the grant.
- Working with relevant fundraising and program staff to ensure that all grant requirements are met.
- Working closely with the finance department on budgetary aspects of grant proposals/reports, including monitoring grant expenditures.
- Ensuring timely submission of grant applications and reports as well as progress reports to donors.
- Drafting acknowledgement letters for grants received.
- Arranging for and helping prepare and host site visits
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize, plan and track work activities.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities under tight time constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar system preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in writing successful proposals a plus.
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample by mail
or e-mail with Grants Manager as the subject to:
141 Franklin Street, Stamford, Connecticut 06901
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.