Frequently Asked Questions:
Thank you for taking an interest in our 28th Annual Holiday Gift Collection!
Keeping track of 6,000 gifts is no small task, leaving our Holiday Team making lists and checking them twice. We always have lots of questions and bet you do too!
Here is a list of some of our most FAQs as a guide with each step of the process.
Wish Card FAQs:
What does filling a wish card entail?
- Each wish card contains two wishes. To fill the wish card you will fulfill both requests. For a detailed breakdown of this process please click here to head over to wish card central!
Do I wrap my gifts?
- No. Gifts should be returned unwrapped in a clear plastic bag along with the wish card. Wrapped gifts will NOT be accepted for health and safety concerns
Where can I find clear plastic bags for my gifts?
- Costco, Stop and Shop, Target, etc. (Clear garbage bags or recycled clear shopping bags work great!)
- Prior to the Wrap Party we need to see that each gift for every wish card matches the child’s request, so we have to be able to see through the bag
**Helpful Hint** Here is what we are looking for!
I have a wish-card and one of the requests is “Surprise Me!” how do I know what to purchase?
- Each wish-card includes the child’s name, age, and gender. Use these as tools to guide you in your purchase.
If you still feel unsure about what to purchase, please e-mail email@example.com for helpful suggestions.
I have a wish-card for a Doll/Barbie that says either AA, AS, CA, or HS what does that mean?
As a part of our collection, we do our best to be as specific with our gifts as we can. We ask our agency to specify the ethnicity of the dolls the children would like and try to match this as best as we can.
Below are what each of the abbreviated, short-hand designations mean:
- AA- African American
- AS- Asian
- CA- Caucasian
- HS- Hispanic
What is an appropriate amount of money to spend on each gift?
- Each gift should be no more than $25 each or $50 total for one wish card (although many of the gifts on the list can be purchased for a lot less).
My gift requires batteries, what should I do?
- If your gift requires batteries (i.e. remote control car), first check the package to see if the batteries are included.
- If the batteries are not included in the package, please purchase the the appropriate batteries to ensure the child is able to use the gift!
Can I include a card with my gift?
- We ask that you please do not include a card with the gift.
Part of the magic of the Holiday Gift Collection is that each gift will be given to the children by their parents.
If you would like to include a card, it should be addressed to the agency listed on your wish card not the child themselves. We’ll be sure to share your holiday well wishes with our participating agencies!
I took a wish card but can no longer fill it, what do I do now?
- If you are unable to fill your wish card please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we are able to reassign the wish card to a new sponsor and make sure each child receives their gifts.
DROP OFF FAQs:
What is a donation box location?
- Donation box locations are local businesses and organizations throughout Fairfield County that are on board with making filled wish card drop offs easy and convenient.
The locations are made up of community partners who have generously shared their space with us to help collect the thousands of gifts the Holiday Gift Collection will distribute.
By stepping up to the challenge these partners ensure our wish card sponsors from all over Connecticut have easy access to safe spaces knowing their gifts will be delivered back to Inspirica in time for the Wrap Party.
Where are the donation box locations?
What is the last date I can drop my gifts at an approved donation box location?
- Tuesday December 5th - end of day!
WISH CARD FAQs:
What day is the Gift-Wrapping Party?
- Saturday December 9th - 2 Shifts:
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
How do I sign up to volunteer?
- Review our Volunteer Page to see which opportunity you are most interested in and contact HolidayVolunteer@Inspiricact.org to get involved in the fun!
What should I bring with me?
- High energy, holiday cheer, and of course LOTS of wrapping paper!
This is such a great initiative, what other ways can I be involved in the collection?
The Holiday Gift Collection is made up of many moving parts. Outside of volunteers and wish card sponsors, we welcome event sponsors as well. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities please click here!
I love participating in this collection each year. How do I get more involved with Inspirica throughout the year?
Great question! We are always on the lookout for new, dedicated volunteers to help us achieve our mission throughout the year.
Whether you are passionate about working with children or are interested in helping our clients land a job, we have a volunteer opportunity that matches every person's interest!
Please check out our volunteer page to review the many unique opportunities we have to offer.
If you would like to sign up to volunteer, please reach out to Samantha Middlemass at SMiddlemass@InspiricaCT.org
All contributions will support Inspirica’s 2017 Holiday Gift Collection. In the event of surplus funds, the proceeds will support the general operations and mission of Inspirica, Inc – to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives.