CHIEF OFFICER OF PROGRAM EFFECTIVENESS AND PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT
Inspirica's mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives. We are one the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut. Each night, we house 350 people (850+ per year, including 250 children). Our residential facilities include emergency shelters, transitional housing, permanent supportive housing, and deeply affordable housing. We serve individuals across the spectrum of the homeless, including single men, single women, families, people with mental illness, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
Inspirica is one of only a few organizations nationally that is able to address both the physical component of homelessness (residential services) and its underlying root causes (support services) on a single, powerful, end-to-end platform. In addition to housing, we provide vocational training, workforce education, job placement, housing placement, job & housing retention support, children's services, early childhood & parenting services, case management etc. We further collaborate with a vast array of external partners to provide medical/dental care, mental health care, substance abuse treatment etc.
We are a results oriented organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
Inspirica’s Chief Officer of Program Effectiveness and Performance Measurement is a member of the Senior Management Team and one of the most senior positions in the organization. The Chief Officer has four core roles:
- Compliance/Quality Assurance – He/she serves as Inspirica’s chief compliance/quality assurance officer, ensuring compliance in accordance with policies and procedures of Inspirica, funders, and regulating entities. This includes ensuring that Inspirica sites conduct regular program/facility inspections, and in-house program audits/site visits.
- Metrics/Outcomes – He/she serves as Inspirica’s chief data/metrics officer, monitoring myriad metrics and data to ensure programs operate at optimal levels. This includes collecting and analyzing data on a weekly basis, including producing weekly reports and dashboards as well as reporting directly to Inspirica’s Board of Directors. This further includes overseeing all HMIS activities and fulfilling similar roles in the coordination of other agency databases such as, but not limited to, DDAP, ESNAPS, and Sage.
- Internal Consultant – He/she serves an in-house consultant, aiding departments in process re-engineering and performance enhancement to ensure that Inspirica processes operate optimally.
- External Coordinator to Regional and State Initiatives – He/she serves as Inspirica’s primary link to multiple regional and state initiatives such as Opening Doors Fairfield County, Fairfield Count CAN, HMIS, HUD etc. This includes submitting (but not necessarily preparing) all reports due to government agencies such as HUD, CT Department of Housing, CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services etc. It further includes overseeing Inspirica’s coordinated access, rapid rehousing, housing placement departments.
Specific Job Duties
The Chief Officer of Program Effectiveness and Performance Measurement will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing the need for system changes to maximize effectiveness and implement with involvement from key staff members
- Developing/Refreshing standard operating procedures for Inspirica Departments and Programs.
- Supporting and advising Inspirica staff on quality improvement through the use of metrics to drive informed decision-making.
- Implementing a quality improvement system to advance shared goals and agency priorities.
- Implementing processes to monitor administrative outcomes and to facilitate improvement.
- Ensuring compliance with policies and procedures of Inspirica, funders, and regulating entities through regular audits and inspections of Inspirica’s programs.
- Collecting and analyzing data gathered from various agency databases, dashboards, or other means and make recommendations of actions to increase performance.
- Acting as agency liaison to regional and state entities and initiatives.
- Providing program information to Development Department for various reports.
- Supervising and monitoring compliance of agency databases, including (but not limited to) HMIS, DDAP, ESNAPS, and Sage.
- Providing supervision/oversight to Director of Coordinated Entry, Exit, and Housing, including CAN activities, and management of Housing and Rapid Rehousing programs.
- Collecting and analyzing client feedback including following up on client grievances as consistent with Inspirica’s grievance procedure.
- Leading Quarterly Participant Advisory Council meetings and providing feedback/recommendations to applicable staff and Board.
- Reporting program outcomes and metrics directly to the Inspirica CEO and Board of Directors
- Aiding Chief Executive Officer in myriad additional initiatives.
This is a unique position, requiring a combination of strong social services skills, data and analytical skills and management skills. Candidates should have excellent superb statistical/analytical/data/computer skills, excellent communication skills, and strong management/organizational skills. Additionally, they should have at least five years of supervisory experience and be able to thrive in a busy environment, work well with others, and build programs that meet specific numerical targets/goals. It is imperative the person be motivated, self-starter who runs towards challenges rather than away from them.
A Master’s degree in social services field and experience working with the homeless population is strongly preferred. Experience with HMIS, DDaP, and ESNAPS a plus.
Candidates should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample, in WORD FORMAT,
by e-mail to:
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.