PER DIEM PROGRAM AIDE
Weekend and Weekend Shifts: 7 AM - 3 PM, 3 PM-11 PM, 11 PM-7 AM - As Needed
Inspirica’s mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives. We are one the largest providers of services to the homeless in Connecticut. Each night, we house 350 people (850+ per year, including 250 children). Our residential facilities include emergency shelters, transitional housing, permanent supportive housing, and deeply affordable housing. We serve individuals across the spectrum of the homeless, including single men, single women, families, people with mental illness, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
Inspirica is one of only a few organizations nationally that is able to address both the physical component of homelessness (residential services) and its underlying root causes (support services) on a single, powerful, end-to-end platform. In addition to housing, we provide vocational training, workforce education, job placement, housing placement, job & housing retention support, children's services, early childhood & parenting services, case management etc. We further collaborate with a vast array of external partners to provide medical/dental care, mental health care, substance abuse treatment etc.
We are a results-oriented organization with caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
Inspirica operates a number of residential programs, most of which require 24 hour staffing 7 days a week. As a result, when regularly scheduled staff have to be absent, we call upon a pool of trained Per Diem Program Aides to cover their shifts. Candidates must have the flexibility to work on an as needed basis; often times on short notice. Shifts are from 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, and 11pm-7am and can include weekdays, weekends, or holidays.
The Per Diem Program Aide (“Per Diem”) will be trained in advance to work in one or more of Inspirica’s residential programs. Duties vary from program to program, but generally include:
- Supervise the residents and facilities of the program during an 8 hour shift. Per Diems must remain on the premises throughout their shift.
- Conduct hourly rounds of the facilities to ensure the building is secure and that residents are complying with program rules. Between rounds, they will have to monitor the security cameras in each program. Once per shift they will be required to complete an inspection checklist to ensure the building is safe, clean, and well maintained.
- Identify emergency situations and call first responders or the Program Director to ensure situations are handled and reported appropriately.
- Complete log book entries describing their activities while on shift and to prepare client progress, incident, and other reports, as needed.
- Become familiar with Inspirica policies and the policies of the particular program they are covering. Per Diems are responsible for complying with these policies and ensuring residents comply with them during their shift.
- In some programs, Per Diems may be asked to:
- Monitor client medication
- Assist in preparing meals with or for residents
- Assist residents with various ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) or chores
- Maintain the staff offices, bathrooms and building common areas (filing, vacuuming, restocking, mopping, etc.)
- Per Diems may be required to attend staff meetings and meetings with their supervisors when requested.
- Courteous and professional individual with the ability to deal with individuals from all walks of life.
- Respectful of boundaries with the residents. While we encourage staff to be personable and welcoming with residents, they should remember that they are there to enforce the building rules and are required to keep a professional distance to avoid conflicts or favoritism towards certain residents.
- Strong work ethic necessary – this is an active position. Even the overnight shift will have plenty to do!
- Problem-solver who enjoys multi-tasking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word are required to complete reports.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by e-mail with “Per-Diem Program Aide” in the subject line to:
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.