PER DIEM PROGRAM AIDES
This position is for individuals to be “on call” to cover shifts at Inspirica’s various residential programs when regularly scheduled staff are unavailable.
Candidates must have the flexibility to work on an as needed basis; often times on short notice.
Monday - Friday shifts are from 3 PM-11 PM and/or 11 PM-7 AM,
Weekend and Holiday shifts: 7 AM - 3 PM, 3 PM-11 PM, 11 PM-7 AM,
OVERVIEW Inspirica is one of the largest organizations serving the homeless in Connecticut. We provide emergency shelter, transitional housing, permanent housing and affordable housing to approximately 800 adults and children in lower Fairfield County each year. We further provide critical support services such as children’s services, vocational training, workforce education, job placement, job/housing retention services, and counseling as well as access to health care, substance abuse treatment, mental health care etc. In addition to being homeless, the people we serve typically suffer from mental illness, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS. Many also have severe cognitive impairments, a history of incarceration, little or no work history, and little education. All of our participants live at or below the poverty level.
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness by helping people achieve – and maintain – permanent housing and stability in their lives.
Our principles are to be a results oriented, cost-effective organization with a caring professional staff and dedicated volunteers who believe in individual human potential, personal accountability and mutual respect.
Inspirica’s various housing programs seek to take steps towards breaking the cycle of homelessness. Our goal is to successfully transition participants to permanent housing in the community and to help them sustain this housing permanently. We accomplish this by addressing not just the physical housing part of homelessness, but all of the reasons a participant is homeless. This includes providing education and employment services internally and collaborating with a vast array of external partners to provide medical/dental care, mental health care, substance abuse treatment etc.
Inspirica operates a number of housing programs most of which require 24 hour staffing 7 days a week. As a result, when regularly scheduled staff have to be absent, we call upon a pool of trained per diems to cover their shifts.
The Per Diem Program Aide will be trained in advance to work in one or more of Inspirica’s residential housing programs. They will then be contacted by the Director of that program when there are open shifts that require staffing and will report directly to the Director of the program they are called to work at.
Duties vary from program to program, but generally include:
- Providing supervision of the program facilities and residents in the program for an 8 hour shift. Per Diems must remain awake and on the premises throughout their shift.
- Per Diems must be familiar with all Inspirica policies and the policies of the particular program they are covering. They are responsible for complying with these policies and ensuring residents comply with them during their shift.
- Per Diems will be required to complete log book entries describing their activities while on shift and to prepare client progress, incident and other reports as needed. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word are required to complete all reports.
- Per Diems will be required to conduct hourly rounds of the program facilities to ensure the building is secure and that residents are complying with program rules. Between rounds, they will have to monitor the security cameras in each program. Once per shift they will be required to complete an inspection checklist to ensure the building is safe, clean and well maintained.
- In some programs, Per Diems may be asked to:
- monitor client medication
- assist in preparing meals with or for residents
- assist residents with various ADLs or chores
- help maintain the staff offices, bathrooms and building common areas (vacuuming, mopping etc.)
- Per Diems will be responsible for identifying emergency situations and calling first responders or Directors to ensure they are handled and reported appropriately.
- Per Diems may be required to attend staff meetings and meetings with their supervisors as requested.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- PC knowledge of Word and Outlook required.
- Valid Driver's License Required.
Candidates must submit resume and letter explaining their interest and qualifications for the position. Any resumes sent without a letter will not be considered.
Please insert “Per-Diem Program Aide” in the subject line and send to:
141 Franklin Street
Stamford, Connecticut 06901
Inspirica is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, race, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, veteran status, the presence of a non-job related handicap, or any other legally protected status.